Authentic regional specialities at Portofino Italian signature restaurant
(Macao, Oct. 18, 2016) – The Venetian® Macao’s award-winning Portofino restaurant is offering an authentic regional menu featuring the cuisine of Abruzzo, one of Italy's best-kept secrets and a little-known treasure trove of Italian gastronomy, in the Abruzzo in Tavola promotion from now until Nov. 21, 2016.
A picturesque Mediterranean coastal province where the mountains and sea meet, the special menu has been crafted by Portofino’s Senior Chef and Abruzzo native, Domenico Cicchetti, who was taught to cook the region’s rich and hearty food by his grandmother while still a boy.
Abruzzo offers wholesome rustic dishes with an emphasis on simple, good quality meat, seafood and vegetables, cooked to perfection with love and respect for the ingredients.
Guests can expect dishes richly seasoned with chili pepper, fragrant saffron, olive oil, wine, garlic and rosemary, all brought in directly from Italy. One particularly distinctive dish is chitarra, or "guitar pasta”, where sheets of egg dough are cut into strips using a wooden box with strings (hence the name) found only in Abruzzo. Chef Cicchetti located one of these authentic pasta cutters and had it brought over specifically for the promotion.
Abruzzo in Tavola promotional items include:
- Pallotte cacio e uova (homemade Pecorino cheese mini meatballs, egg, parsley, garlic and San Marzano tomato sauce)
- Zuppa di pesce (ttraditional Abruzzo seafood soup with clams, mussels, calamari and octopus)
- Sagnette e fagioli (homemade soft sagnette pasta, borlotti beans, fresh tomato paste, basil, chilli and Pecorino cheese)
- Chitarrina con polpettine (homemade Chitarra pasta, mini meatballs,tomato sauce and Pecorino cheese)
- Strozzapreti alla Trappitara (durum wheat flour strozzapreti pasta, scallop, prawn, garlic and extra virgin olive oil)
- Calamaretti ripieni (stuffed calamari, prawns, clams and mussels, saffron, Parmesan cheese, mashed potato, lemon and garlic)
- Porchetta farcita (slow-cooked suckling pig, walnuts, raisins, spinach, Abruzzo omelette of potatoes and mushrooms)
- Crostata di uva e mandorle (grapes and almond tart, ricotta cheese and vanilla ice cream)
Dishes start from MOP58*. Grab your chance to enjoy this deliciously distinctive regional cuisine while seasonal stocks last!
Portofino is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. daily (11 a.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays) at The Venetian Macao. Reservations can be made by calling +853 8118 9950 or by emailing email@example.com.
Photo caption: The Venetian Macao’s award-winning Portofino restaurant is launching a special regional menu featuring the cuisine of Abruzzo, one of Italy's best-kept gastronomic secrets, from now until Nov. 21, 2016.
About The Venetian® Macao
Opened in 2007, The Venetian® Macao is Macao's first integrated resort featuring stunning replicas of the famous canals and architectural icons of Venice, Italy. The Venetian Macao features 3,000 suites, 1.2 million square feet (111,000 square metres) of convention and meeting facilities as well as a 15,000-seat Cotai Arena designed for world-class sports events and electrifying entertainment. The Venetian Macao is also home to the unique, 1,800-seat luxury Venetian Theatre, hosting the best in international and Chinese entertainment; more than 30 renowned restaurants; TAIVEXMALO Day Hospital; the incredibly fun QUBE indoor playground and more than 350 retailers at Shoppes at Venetian. Outdoor recreation areas include swimming pools and cabanas and a mini-golf course.
For more information, please visit www.venetianmacao.com.
Public Relations, Venetian Macau Limited
Tel: +853 8118 2013
Tel: +853 8118 2296